Catholic Answers Live - Catholic Answers to Protestant Questions

 Questions Covered:

01:28 - I was reading a book about the Reformation and it says that Luther was a heretic. I heard you call Protestants our brothers, but would they be considered heretics too? 

07:02 - What would you say to someone who accepts that Jesus founded the Catholic Church but can’t accept that errors weren’t introduced at some point in time? 

14:20 - Can you explain Substitutionary Atonement Theory? Why do Catholics reject it and Protestants accept it? 

20:33 - Who are the beneficiaries of the promises of Abraham? Where are those people now? 

24:29 - I’m Catholic and believe in purgatory but I have a hard time with the following question: How do our prayers help people in purgatory? 

31:29 - I’ve heard it said that Faith Alone is sufficient for Salvation but in James I see Faith without work is dead. Also, Jesus killed the fig tree after seeing that it produced no fruit. What is the Catholic teaching on these? 

40:59 - I go to an Episcopalian church and we pray the rosary. There are no Catholic churches here that offer a group rosary, so Catholics come to my church to pray it.  Is it wrong for us to pray together and how is it different from receiving communion together? 

46:21 - I’ve been talking to Mormons over the past 6 months. They keep bringing up emotions and feelings and that they get a deep sense of peace when asking whether the book of Mormon is sacred scripture.  How do I respond to that? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catholic Answers Live - Open Forum for Non Catholics

Catholic Answers Live - Open Forum Part 1

Catholic Answers Live - Bible Blueprint for the Eucharist and the Priesthood