Catholic Answers Live - Open Forum

 Questions Covered: 

  • 04:15 - I was raised Catholic but I was married in an Episcopalian church. I am wondering about the validity of my marriage. 
  • 06:16 - In the catechism there are smaller “non heaven or hell issues” that I disagree with. How much of the catechism (or doctrines of the Faith) do I have to agree with in order to be a Catholic? 
  • 17:00 - I was Reading about current Eucharistic issues and I read that abortion is an immediate cause for excommunication. Why are other forms/sins of murder not excommunicable? 
  • 21:18 - I’d like to know how the apostles knew about events of Christ’s life where it seemed like only Jesus would have been present (as in when Jesus was before Pontius Pilate or when he was fasting in the wilderness). How can we trust the validity of the gospels? 
  • 29:59 - The Bishops said that the president should not receive communion and I think that is crazy. The president is catholic shouldn’t he be able to receive communion. 
  • 51:12 – I have a question about the passage John 8:1-11 I listened to a secular podcast where they said that this passage was added later to the bible. 

Resources Mentioned:

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catholic Answers Live - Open Forum Part 1

Catholic Answers Live - Open Forum for Non Catholics

Catholic Answers Live - Bible Blueprint for the Eucharist and the Priesthood