Catholic Answers Live - Real Religion

 How do we live out real religion without turning into some kind of a self-help program or misusing it? Fr. Kirby talks with Cy about his latest book from Catholic Answers Press, Real Religion.

Questions Covered:

 
  • 21:53 - If we are saved by faith, then why does it matter how we live our lives or if we do good works? 
  • 30:14 - Can we bless the Lord, since he is already blessed? 
  • 31:53 - What is your advice for fathers who feel like they’re never doing enough? I pray a rosary and I feel like, well, I should have prayed two. How can I be content that I am doing enough? 
  • 35:59 - What is the right way to worship, the novus ordo liturgy or the Latin Mass? They feel so starkly different, and I am wondering if one is right. 
  • 44:39 - Was the story of Job real? Does the Lord really test us in that way, making bets against us, or is he encouraging us toward virtue and blessing us? 
  • 49:45 - How does the Church define worship? Is singing in your car to worship music the same as liturgical worship? Are they different? 
  • 51:55 - How do I explain to my Protestant friends that I now find religion to be beautiful and important? Before, I believed that Christianity was relationships, and that organized religion was wrong. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catholic Answers Live - Open Forum Part 1

Catholic Answers Live - Bible Blueprint for the Eucharist and the Priesthood

Catholic Answers Live - Open Forum for Non Catholics