Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief. Questions Covered: 01:01 - Is it within the bounds of Catholic orthodoxy to believe that God is somewhat in time rather than simply timeless? 07:27 - If God didn’t make evil and the devil can’t make anything, then where did evil come from? 11:32 - What is the “rite of introduction”? He was told in RCIA to be at Church for the rite of introduction. He doesn’t know more than that. 15:21 - Why do we say the Nicene Creed at Mass, but the Apostle’s Creed while reciting the rosary? 16:52 - How do we know when Jesus is being literal or hyperbolic? He refers to himself as the bread of life and the door for sheep. 23:02 - How could Jesus descend into hel...
Addiction can destroy lives and families and is ever-present during this time of pandemic. Scott Weeman, author of Catholic In Recovery, counsels callers in helping their loved ones who experience addiction. Questions Covered: 12:45 - I have a son who is battling alcoholism and is not working. He has been to rehab 2 times. He lives with me. Am I enabling him or hurting him by housing him? 18:53 - How do you help someone who has an addiction, doesn’t want help, but knows they’re doing wrong? 23:58 - My father is 90 and I am getting ready to move him into my home. He is an alcoholic. What boundaries should I set? 38:00 - My daughter was an addict for 25 years and recently became clean because of the Catholic Church. I want to encourage the woman who was on before. 44:55 - My father is addicted to pornography. He lives alone two hours away from me. How can I help him? He has hundreds of tapes. I worry for his soul. ...
Comments
Post a Comment